* 6 duck eggs – or can use chicken eggs
* A little bit of olive oil for cooking
* 1 red onion , peeled & diced
* 2 brown onions, peeled & diced
* ½ teaspoon turmeric
* ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
* 3 mixed chilis , thinly sliced
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
* 1 piece ginger, peeled & finely chopped
* 3 tomatoes, blended in a food processor
* 1 tablespoon fish sauce
* 1 tablespoon tamarind concentrate
* ½ bunch fresh coriander leaf, chopped
- Cover the duck eggs in cold water in a pot. Boil on a high heat. When the water starts to boil, remove from the heat. Allow the eggs to stand for 10-12 minutes to cool. Allow the eggs to rest in cold water.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium to high heat. Add the diced onions and fry for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer onions to a plate lined with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- Fry the duck eggs into the hot oil. Lower the heat. Fry the eggs and keep turning them in the pan to brown off. Fry for around 4 minutes. Once browned, transfer them to a bowl.
- Next, add the onions, paprika, turmeric, chilli, garlic & ginger to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the blended tomatoes, tamarind concentrate and fish sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes and allow the sauce to reduce.
- Next, cut the eggs in half and place them back into the pan. Fully coat the eggs in the sauce. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the fried onions on top and sprinkle the fresh coriander.